THE SMALL PRINT: Must read.
In hiring from THE PROP BANK you agree to the following T&C’s:
• Accept full liability for all breakages and loses.
• Accept responsibility for the security of all hired props outlined on contract.
• Any repair including any depreciation and/or replacement costs of hired props outlined in contract. Charges to be debited from payment card.
• Return of loaned crates. Loss, damage or non-returned crates shall be charged at £35 per crate and debited from payment card.
• Ensure all items hired have full comprehensive insurance against loss, damage and theft from the time of collection and able to produce a certificate of insurance if requested.
• THE PROP BANK is not responsible for any claims, expenses and legal costs in respect of damage, injury or loss arising directly, or indirectly, from hired items. No warranty of fitness for purpose is given by THE PROP BANK.
• Not to lend, sub-hire, in any way dispose or part possession any of the hired props outlined on contract.
- Do not attempt to launder any item. Small laundry fee will be included in hire fee where applicable on items such as table and bed linen etc.
- Upon receiving the hired items the Hiree shall inspect and THE PROP BANK delivery note. In the event of any missing or damaged items, the Hiree shall note this on the delivery note and contact us immediately. If the Hiree fails to do this, the items will be deemed to have been delivered or collected from the studio in a clean and undamaged condition. If no one is available to check the items, again the items will be deemed to have been delivered in a clean and undamaged condition.
- The Hiree will be informed if there is any damage, missing or substituted items, including packaging, cages and boxes. The replacement cost for missing and or damaged items, cages, crates and packaging is risk value listed per item and payable by the Hiree. The Hiree, and the card owner, are liable for any charges and give THE PROP BANK permission to collect any monies owed from the payment card provided. The Hiree and the card owner agree to these terms and conditions when the order is placed.
- Right to refuse: It’s the Hiree's responsible to ensure any sub-contracted transport has adequate insurance cover. The Prop Bank reserve's the right to refuse collection if the appropriate protection is not provided.
- Late return: Missing props will be charged up to and including the day that they are returned. If the Props are not available for collection or return, due to loss or destruction, the Hiree shall be required to pay the risk value cost as listed online.
- Shipping: THE PROP BANK shall not be held liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and similar loss), costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly, including any delay in the collection or delivery of the hired items and or equipment by the nominated transport company, nor shall any delay entitle the 'Hiree' to terminate or rescind the contract.
COPYRIGHT AND USAGE LICENCES
THE PROP BANK will not be responsible for obtaining any clearances in respect of third party copyright works, trade marks, designs or other intellectual property or any usage licence or extension.
The Hiree is responsible for informing their client of the extent and limitations of all usage licences obtained for the inclusion of copyright artistic works in the Material.
- Aware of copyright legislation and ensures that any necessary clearances, permissions or releases or other intellectual property rights have been properly obtained before using any hired items outlined in contract.
- Responsible for any complaint or claim for infringement of any copyright or other rights.
- Solely responsible to ensure all licenses, permits, certificates, authorisations, consents and regulatory approvals required, are sort prior to entering any contract with THE PROP BANK.
Further reading regarding UK government guidelines on copyright:
- Repeal of section 52 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.Page 17: Photographers, film makers and broadcasters: The exception for incidental inclusion of copyright material. For example, the exception would cover a photo or film of a kitchen with a teapot on the table (assuming that the particular teapot was a work of artistic craftsmanship). It would unlikely cover photographs of that teapot in which that work was the main subject of the photo, or a book with a series of photos of that teapot, especially if the teapot was the main focus of the photo or book.
- Copyright, Designs & Patents Act 1988
- Exceptions to Copyright